> So what patche(s) need to be added ?

Did everyone really have no opinion on the size of the nameserver cache?

David.
Re: 0.6.1 patches (was Re: 401 problems fixed) [ In reply to ]

> > So what patche(s) need to be added ?
>
> Did everyone really have no opinion on the size of the nameserver cache?

I've absolutely no feel for what size it should be.
Re: 0.6.1 patches (was Re: 401 problems fixed) [ In reply to ]
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 95 16:23 BST
From: drtr@ast.cam.ac.uk (David Robinson)

> So what patche(s) need to be added ?

Did everyone really have no opinion on the size of the nameserver cache?

David.

I do, but I feel more strongly that it's not the right time to fuss
with it.

rst
Re: 0.6.1 patches (was Re: 401 problems fixed) [ In reply to ]
There was some discussion on this before... I think there was a general
consensus that a cache size of 200 would cover just about everyone.

This definitely seemed to be the break-even point for sunsite, based on
a scan of a few hundred thousand entries. Anything much bigger just
seemed to waste space; if you want to do the real right thing, I have a
perl script to calculate hit-rates based on CLF files, but that's
probably a little excessive for a Makefile :-)

Simon // This Message Composed By Voice