Mailing List Archive

Test cases; also OOOPS.
A bare-bones page of test cases for things calling themselves web
servers is now on hyperreal at

http://www.hyperreal.com/httpd/test/test-server.html

The list of things tested is currently limited to CGI and server-side
includes; if anyone has ideas for other tests, please mail them to me
(or just bash the pages on hyperreal, if you've got an account there;
I'm not proud).

Also, right now, the only way to use 'em is to run through the tests
all manually; we really should have a test driver which automatically
generates queries and checks the results. (This would make it easier
to tell if a new patch broke anything obvious. I hate regressions;
don't you?)

I don't claim this is the ultimate in test suites, and we might
ultimately want something totally different; I claim only that it's
better than nothing ;-).

rst

PS - OOOPS on previous email. I resent it to the person it was meant
for; all others, please ignore. Sorry.