Mailing List Archive

httpd patch E16 updated.
Patch : E16
Submitter : unknown/
Sumary : Allow any URL to invoke a script
State : invote

*.doit scripts (allows *any* URL to invoke a script, whether it
ends in a magic *.cgi suffix or not).

--- cliffs on Fri Mar 10 04:08:53 PST 1995 ---

Maybe I don't understand, I thought srm.conf allowed this now? Or
are you saying damn the extension, look at the x-bit all the time?

--- cliffs on Fri Mar 10 12;37;43 PST 1995 ---
Not quite --- the scripts still have special extensions in the file
store, but the *server* adds the extension, so it doesn't have to be
in the URL. This means that if you want a well-advertised page to
suddenly turn into a script, you don't have to change its name (or do
a Redirect).

rst