the /apache/ docs.

What else needs to be fixed ?

robh
Re: beta 3...2...1 [ In reply to ]

> So are we going to let people at 0.6.1 tomorrow ?

+1 It's ready.

> It might be useful to give whatever is the current beta as a
> HTTP link rather than FTP, and copy 0.6.1.tar.Z away from our
> FTP area - so folks don't pick up old or unreleased versions.

I'll create a public dist under /apache/ and use HTTP.

> I think Randy is prepared to some last minute reorganization of
> the /apache/ docs.

Check in on me this evening at http://www.apache.org/apache/ and
let me know what is missing.
Re: beta 3...2...1 [ In reply to ]
> I'd still prefer that we test 0.6.1 more before actually releasing it
> as a beta. I'm running it, and aside from mysterious, possibly cracker-
> induced, crashes (which reverting to a known-good earlier version of the
> server software didn't cure), I've had no trouble with it. However,
> the only other person who's apparently running it is Randy --- hyperreal
> is at 0.5.1, and HotWired and Cardiff are both at 0.4. If bugs have
> crept in since then which testing on those servers would have uncovered,
> well... they haven't been uncovered yet.
>
> (NB our site does a lot of stuff, but it's not a thoroughly comprehensive
> test --- we don't do much includes, for instance).

FWIW - I have logged somewhere around 20,000 requests on 0.6.1 at
www.inetnebr.com. We are doing includes for *every* request.
We are also *using* Multiviews. This is also a Sun 1+ which is
on it's knees most of the time... :-)

HOWEVER, I do not want to release this software based on my testing alone!

I am switching my vote to -1 until I know one of the bigger sites
has run this through the mill.
Re: beta 3...2...1 [ In reply to ]
> I'd still prefer that we test 0.6.1 more before actually releasing it
> as a beta. I'm running it, and aside from mysterious, possibly cracker-
> induced, crashes (which reverting to a known-good earlier version of the
> server software didn't cure), I've had no trouble with it. However,
> the only other person who's apparently running it is Randy --- hyperreal
> is at 0.5.1, and HotWired and Cardiff are both at 0.4. If bugs have

Cardiff is actually running something more like 0.5.1 with NCSA non-forking
added. I asked for 0.6.1 to be installed. The version number at Cardiff
isn't too meanignful.

0.5.1 -> 0.6.1 was mainly a fix update, the big stuff came earlier.

I used 0.6.1 on my machine which isn't a public one, but I do mirror
another local site, and it behaves with a variety of services.

robh
Re: beta 3...2...1 [ In reply to ]
Organic is running 0.6.1 w/ B73 now I think, brian?

Cliff
Re: beta 3...2...1 [ In reply to ]
> We're missing docs on access.conf, I'll have a go at that
> in a moment.

I've written http://www.hyperreal.com/apache/docs/access.conf
for this, but I've never used half the stuff in this file.

The hoohoo documentation is still unavaialble (lightning strike),
so there are some large holes in this document.

If you can fill a hole or two - go for it.

robh
Re: beta 3...2...1 [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 18 Apr 1995, Cliff Skolnick wrote:
> Organic is running 0.6.1 w/ B73 now I think, brian?

Jeez, I'm starting to feel subpar for *only* being able to do 15 things
at once here, rather than 16.

I think just for spite I'll go change the SERVER_NAME to "Whatever we
fucking feel like running".

Smileys all around, of course.

Brian

brian@organic.com brian@hyperreal.com http://www.[hyperreal,organic].com/