any takers ?

Randy, are we going to switch to a new Makefile ?

robh
Re: documentation [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 17 Apr 1995, Robert S. Thau wrote:
> One typographical quibble --- the use of <b>oldface to quote the code
> sections is a bit different from my own usual style (I generally use
> <code> for these sections, which shows up in most browsers as
> some fixed-width typewriter font). I could certainly live with this;
> I just want to make sure there's a consensus before we settle on this
> as a house style.

Definitely, go for <code>. That's what it means semantically, anyways.

Brian

brian@organic.com brian@hyperreal.com http://www.[hyperreal,organic].com/
Re: documentation [ In reply to ]
> Looks very good --- the discussion of ServerType, Port, User and Group
> should probably be ultimately cross-referenced to separate documents
> which walk the user through setting it up under inetd and standalone
> modes, respectively, but all in due time...

While we sit and wait for bug reports on the first beta, we can
work on the docs.

> One typographical quibble --- the use of <b>oldface to quote the code
> sections is a bit different from my own usual style (I generally use
> <code> for these sections, which shows up in most browsers as

I just tried <code> (for the first time). It looked crap with my
netscape. I couldn't tell it from the rest of the text.

<B><CODE>.. </CODE></B> might work though.
Re: documentation [ In reply to ]

> I just wrote a html description of httpd.conf
>
> http://apache.org/apache/docs/httpd.conf.html
>
> (writeable by the group - so feel free to correct it)
>
> We could probably do with similar docs for the other conf
> files.
>
> any takers ?
>
> Randy, are we going to switch to a new Makefile ?

I have fixed up most of the problems with the Makefile
I submitted. I will have something later tonight or
tomorrow.
Re: documentation [ In reply to ]
I was working through documenting srm.conf and came across

AddType

Is this a leftover from some pre mime.types version.

Does it serve any purpose other than add a type in exactly
the same way as in mime.type

?

Re: documentation [ In reply to ]
srm.conf documentation online.