CNN Headline news ran an article throughout the day yesterday about
cyber speak. They showed "Hotwired"s web site each time.

I thought Brian might appreciate knowing :-)
Re: CNN headline news [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 17 Apr 1995, Rob Hartill wrote:
> CNN Headline news ran an article throughout the day yesterday about
> cyber speak. They showed "Hotwired"s web site each time.
>
> I thought Brian might appreciate knowing :-)

Heh. Remember when there was a big story about a porn archive found at
llnl about a year ago? I was interviewed by CNN for that, got about 15
seconds of air time. They wanted me to go "surf the web and pull up some
nudie pics", but I refused and instead went to alt.binaries.supermodels
and pulled up a woman in a bikini (to sort of proove, well, if people
can put *this* up, etc... :) . CNN was pretty clueless back
then, but I think they've picked up a few things here and there - I was
watching this weekend and their "Technology Report" had a story about the
Exon bill which was pretty accurate, despite the fact they showed that
bikini photo again. (It's really weird to be watching TV and then think,
wait, that was my desktop they just showed!) Nothing beats the local
news reporters who came after the CNN guys left, though, particularly the
one who wanted me to "show them the logon screen to Internet". :)

Brian

brian@organic.com brian@hyperreal.com http://www.[hyperreal,organic].com/
Re: CNN headline news [ In reply to ]
From: Rob Hartill <hartill@ooo.lanl.gov>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 95 10:32:35 MDT

CNN Headline news ran an article throughout the day yesterday about
cyber speak. They showed "Hotwired"s web site each time.

I thought Brian might appreciate knowing :-)

In unrelated news, the Richard Nixon Presidential Library now
apparently has a home page (I haven't had the stomach to find the
URL).

Ah, well... The rats are climbing onto the ship. It must not be
sinking.

rst
Re: CNN headline news [ In reply to ]
> In unrelated news, the Richard Nixon Presidential Library now
> apparently has a home page (I haven't had the stomach to find the
> URL).
>
> Ah, well... The rats are climbing onto the ship. It must not be
> sinking.

Speaking of ships (and unrelated news), I was watching the America's Cup
pre-tournament races the other day and noticed that ESPN is advertizing
the following URL every 10 minutes:

http://ESPNnet.SportZONE.com

which does not appear to be a valid URL, but then they only flash
it for 2 seconds. Unfortunately, after 18 flashes it seems to have
been engraved on my mind -- damn subliminals.