Mailing List Archive

votes for 0.6
B57_unmunge_alternative.txt +1
B59-include-bugs-2.txt +0.5 (the big chunk of data puts me off)
B60-leading-slash-3.txt +1
P67-patch.new_dbm_group_file.txt +0 (I don't use it - no comment)
B64-acc-compile.txt +1 (looks ok with gcc)
E65-patch.add_SERVER_ADMIN_to_CGI_env.txt
+1
^^^^^^^ provided
#define MAX_COMMON_VARS 12
#define MAX_CGI_VARS (MAX_COMMON_VARS+12)

have their "12"s changed to "13"s in line with the new variable.

E66_cgi_no_cmd_incs.txt +1
E63_NEW_send_file_as_is.txt +1
E68_simple_indexer.txt.v3 +1
E68_simple_indexer.pl +0.5 ... there's no harm bundling this
script, but it's not Apache.
E71-patch.add_description_file_parser.v2
+0 (no time to try it out)
B69-misc-bugs-wall.txt +1

-=-=-=-
Still to be fixed...

gcc -c -DXBITHACK -O -DHPUX -DHUGE_STRING_LENGTH=256 stream.c
stream.c: In function `nread':
stream.c:189: warning: passing arg 2 of `select' from incompatible pointer type
-=-=-=-=

robh.
Re: votes for 0.6 [ In reply to ]
> I thought we had the three votes (a bit late, but three) last week.
>
> E55 +1 from me.

+0.5 from me.

We'll have to rely on beta testers for more feedback.
Re: votes for 0.6 [ In reply to ]
I thought we had the three votes (a bit late, but three) last week.

E55 +1 from me.

This is the last thing keeping brian and me from running this on
organic, so I'de like to see it in. I have had one core dump
on my machine, but that was combined with a name server failure..
I don't think E55 was the cause.

Cliff
Re: votes for 0.6 [ In reply to ]
Is the APB code not up for a vote this week?

rst
Re: votes for 0.6 [ In reply to ]
E55 +1
B57_unmunge_alternative.txt +1
B59-include-bugs-2.txt +1
B60-leading-slash-3.txt +1
P67-patch.new_dbm_group_file.txt +1
B64-acc-compile.txt +1
E65-patch.add_SERVER_ADMIN_to_CGI_env.txt +1, with Rob Hartill's condition
> ^^^^^^^ provided
> #define MAX_COMMON_VARS 12
> #define MAX_CGI_VARS (MAX_COMMON_VARS+12)
>
> have their "12"s changed to "13"s in line with the new variable.

E66_cgi_no_cmd_incs.txt -1
I *really* hate "IncludesYesCGInoCMD" and would like to see CGI's
allowed in #include.
E63_NEW_send_file_as_is.txt +1
E68_simple_indexer.txt.v3 -1
I still prefer the idea of having "DirectoryIndex" allow items like
/cgi-bin/indexer, which is fed the directory name by SCRIPT_NAME or
some such.
E68_simple_indexer.pl +1, as it fits in with the above scheme.
E71-patch.add_description_file_parser.v2 -1
For the same reason I nixed E68.
B69-misc-bugs-wall.txt +1
patch.license +1

BTW, a while ago I reported that hyperreal was seeing weird problems with
intensive httpd processes - i.e. 33 concurrent process each grabbing 3% of
the CPU, with latency taking 30 seconds or so and shooting the load average
way up. That was with 0.4 - I haven't seen that behavior with 0.5.1 yet,
so someone fixed something :)

Brian
Re: votes for 0.6 [ In reply to ]
I am going to try and fix E55/B70 today if I can break free from
work for an hour. It's a small bug that escaped the cleanup,
doh. Hopefully this will reduce any objections.

Cliff
Re: votes for 0.6 [ In reply to ]
B57 0
It assumes that unmunge_name is always called after the corresponding call
to translate_name; i.e. translate_name(a), translate_name(b), unmunge_name(a)
will fail.
B59 +1
B60 +1
E63 0 currently. +1 if mime type is changed to something more consistent
and last-modified is addressed.
B64 +1
E65 -1 currently, +1 with bug fix by RobH.
E66 -1 currently, +1 with name change (IncludesNoCmds)
P67 0 no test
E68_simple_indexer.txt.v3 -1 why not CGI script?
B69 +1
B70 + E55 -0.5 don't like missing features (IP addresses)
E71 -1 why not CGI script?
O72 +1

David.