Mailing List Archive

automated updates
You've probably noticed that my scripts are wired to send
automated email when updates are made. I'm going to suggest
that instead of replying with suggestions, you add them
to the report. This makes following threads much easier.
The only problem is there is *no locking* right now, so
don't everone jump at once. I have a couple ideas how to
solve the locking problem, but I want to sit on it for a bit.

I think everyone actively doing work should be able to update
reports. Unless there is mass disagreement, everyone can send me
names and passwords and I can add them to the update access control
lists.

People should look at the reports and figure out what is missing
and fess up to what they have. As soon as I get owners on
all the items, I'll be nagging people for code if they have
not ftp'ed it to hyperreal yet.

Cliff