Mailing List Archive

My patches are now at hyperreal.com
I put all of my patches into the "incoming" directory.
They have been separated into individual files for each
bug fix / feature. Unfortunately, Cliff seems to be playing
with his scripts (and I deleted my copy of the list), so I
did not know what to name them. Each patch is generated by

diff -c oldfile newfile > xxx_patch.txt

and I inserted a brief description of its purpose on top.

log_patch.txt -- B6 (I think) -- fixes the access_log writes
date_patch.txt -- B? new -- fixes Date:, L-Mod: formats
dir_patch.txt -- B? never listed -- fixes trailing slash on fancy index
mime_patch.txt -- B? new -- removes MIME-version: header

elog_patch.txt -- E5 (I think) -- adds logging of UA and Referer
to the error_log

That's it for my stuff.

_...Roy T. Fielding (fielding@ics.uci.edu)
Department of Information & Computer Science tel:+1(714)824-4049
University of California, Irvine, CA 92717-3425 fax:+1(714)824-4056
http://www.ics.uci.edu/dir/grad/Software/fielding
Re: My patches are now at hyperreal.com [ In reply to ]
The scripts are working now...I just added an update feature. I'll
sort out the code you sent me...

As for the new patches, why don't you submit new forms (the scripts
should be working)

OK...we need a policy decision here:

Who should be allowed to update stuff?

anyone? controlled list of many? list of a few?

Cliff
Re: My patches are now at hyperreal.com [ In reply to ]
> The scripts are working now...I just added an update feature. I'll
> sort out the code you sent me...
>
> As for the new patches, why don't you submit new forms (the scripts
> should be working)

Ummmm, not for me. The submit one doesn't answer.

> OK...we need a policy decision here:
>
> Who should be allowed to update stuff?
>
> anyone? controlled list of many? list of a few?

Controlled list. There are not that many of us (now).

Anyway, I've run out of time -- have to swap back to my writing tasks.

BTW, I have installed libwww-perl in my directory at

/export/home/fielding/libwww-perl-0.40

which is quite useful for moving stuff from a local web over to hyperreal.
Anyone at hyperreal can use it by setting

setenv LIBWWW_PERL /export/home/fielding/libwww-perl-0.40

and putting the above in your path. You can then get http stuff via:

% get -e http://somewhere.edu/whatever.tar > whatever.tar

See "get -h" for all the options.

Beats the heck out of using lynx via telnet.