Thanks.

David Paul, Test Engineer
Vertex Business Services

1001 SW Disk Drive, Ste 100, Bend, Oregon, 97702
T: +1 541 389 0120 ext 1080  www.vertexgroup.com/na<http://www.vertexgroup.com/na>

[cid:image001.jpg@01CA6C15.93865D90]

The information contained in this email is intended only for the individual to whom it is addressed. It may contain privileged and/or confidential information.If you have received this message in error please notify the sender immediately and delete the message from your computer. The unauthorised use, disclosure, copying or alteration of this message is forbidden. The sender will not be liable for direct, special, indirect or consequential damage as a result of any virus being passed on, or arising from alteration of the contents of this message by a third party.

www.vertexna.com
Re: Creating Custom Reports [ In reply to ]
Analog can't do it without running multiple times because of the points
mentioned in that FAQ entry.

When I've needed to do this in the past I've used Analog to generate to
components and scripted it to generate the reports that I then pulled into
Excel to build the pivot table. Basically, like you are suggesting. With
some small script writing you could run Analog get just a user report, parse
that for use names, then run Analog for each user's trafffic.

You can choose OUTPUT COMPUTER <http://analog.cx/docs/compout.html> for
something that well generate a CSV table that you can then work from. Note
that this works best for a single report (like Request Report) -- otherwise
you'll need to use some programming magic in your spreadsheet to find the
end of one report and the beginning of another.

--
Jeremy Wadsack

2009/11/23 David Paul <david.paul@vertexna.com<mailto:david.paul@vertexna.com>>
Is there a way to write/create custom reports for Analog, in order to process data?

For example, if I wanted a report that grouped by user, and for each user, which files were downloaded.

I have read the docs/faq.html#faq128, that tells how you could run the report for each user, but this is not a feasible solution for me. Because of this, I'm wondering if anyone has attempted to create custom report themselves. If so, do you have recommendations as to whether I should create the report in Analog, or export the data to .csv file and make a report in excel?

Thanks.

David Paul, Test Engineer
Vertex Business Services

1001 SW Disk Drive, Ste 100, Bend, Oregon, 97702
T: +1 541 389 0120 ext 1080  www.vertexgroup.com/na<http://www.vertexgroup.com/na>

[cid:image003.jpg@01CA6D22.155666A0]

The information contained in this email is intended only for the individual to whom it is addressed. It may contain privileged and/or confidential information.If you have received this message in error please notify the sender immediately and delete the message from your computer. The unauthorised use, disclosure, copying or alteration of this message is forbidden. The sender will not be liable for direct, special, indirect or consequential damage as a result of any virus being passed on, or arising from alteration of the contents of this message by a third party. www.vertexna.com<http://www.vertexna.com>