bash-3.2# /opt/analog/analog -G +gbig.cfg
/opt/analog/analog: analog version 6.0/Unix
/opt/analog/analog: Warning F: Failed to open logfile /files/b.log:
ignoring it

I am sure the file exists

-rw-r--r-- 2 root root 7054971517 Oct 26 14:24 /files/b.log

I looked in the code in input.c and don't see a limit on large files. Before I look further any ideas.

Rinaldo

Re: Unable to open/find large input log file [ In reply to ]
Depending on whether you built Analog as a 32-bit or 64-bit binary and
depending on how your OS handles large files, there may be a 4GB file limit.
But generally I would expect a different error. If the file is not around
the 4GB limit then something else is going on. Could it be locked? Can you
'head /files/b.log' as the current user?

--
Jeremy Wadsack

On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 5:11 AM, Rinaldo DiGiorgio <digitalrinaldo@yahoo.com

RE: Unable to open/find large input log file [ In reply to ]
It might be silly but can you check the permissions of the file & the
user

Cheers,
Anil Reddy M
P Please don't print this e-mail unless you really need to.