Is this report type possible?
I need to create a report that breaks up the request into 3 domain areas?

1. abc.com
2. xyz.com
3. all other domains?

Can this be done with just one report or do I have to create three reports?

--
Troy Simpson
Re: Is this report type possible? [ In reply to ]
On 10/6/2009 10:20 AM, Troy Simpson wrote:
> I need to create a report that breaks up the request into 3 domain areas?
>
> 1. abc.com
> 2. xyz.com
> 3. all other domains?
>
> Can this be done with just one report or do I have to create three reports?

Which report are you talking about? The Domain Report (used to indicate
where requests are coming from ), the Virtual Host Report (used to show
how much traffic went to the Virtual Hosts abc.com and xyz.com) or the
Request Report?

Aengus
Re: Is this report type possible? [ In reply to ]
I need to change the example a little bit. Here is the example:

I have a website called www.mydivision.abc.com.
I want to know if the request are coming from my division, my company
or outside my company.

Therefore, requests would be coming from hosts in one of the three areas:
1. mydivision.abc.com
2. abc.com
3. outside my company (from the internet).

Does that clear things up better?

Re: Is this report type possible? [ In reply to ]
Troy Simpson <tdsimpson@gmail.com> wrote:
> I need to change the example a little bit. Here is the example:
>
> I have a website called www.mydivision.abc.com.
> I want to know if the request are coming from my division, my company
> or outside my company.
>
> Therefore, requests would be coming from hosts in one of the three
> areas:
> 1. mydivision.abc.com
> 2. abc.com
> 3. outside my company (from the internet).

If you just want to see the aggregate number of requests coming from each of those groupings, you could configure the Host Report or the Organization report to do. The simplest way would probably be to use SUBORG *.abc.com

If you want to see the actual requests from each of these different groupings, you would have to generate a separate Request Report for each grouping, using these commands:

For just the requests from mydivision.abc.com
HOSTINCLUDE *.mydivision.abc.com

For just the requests abc.com:
HOSTINCLUDE *.abc.com
HOSTEXCLUDE *.mydivision.abc.com