Mailing List Archive

FireFox works but not IE7
Hi,

Analog version is: analog-6.0.3
OS verison: Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 4 (Nahant Update 8)
Kernel 2.6.9-89.ELsmp
Web server is: IBM IHS(apache) ver 6.1

Analog form returns expected result from anlgform.html when I use FireFox
web browser on windows or AIX.
But when I submit the same anlgform.html form using IE 7, then IE shows me
anlgform.pl, rather than running it.

I have anlgform.pl in my cgi-bin directory and I am sure it's configured OK
because analog.pl works just fine when using FireFox. Also other .pl
scripts in my cgi-bin dir work just fine with IE7.

I am at a loss, any ideas why IE7 is failing?

BTW, I connected to my webserver as a https client from an AIX command line
to see what analog was retunring this is what I saw:.
(Note: I added html comment tags here in case this email is posted at a
website)

<!----
$openssl s_client -connect www.xyz.com:443
CONNECTED(00000003)
depth=1 /C=US/O=Equifax/OU=Equifax Secure Certificate Authority
.....snip......
GET /cgi-bin/anlgform.pl
<?xml-stylesheet href="#internalStyle" type="text/css"?>
<head>
<title>Web Server Statistics for [my organisation]</title>
.....snip........
--->.

also, running anlgform.pl directly at the command line returns this:

<!----
# ./anlgform.pl
<?xml-stylesheet href="#internalStyle" type="text/css"?>
<head>
<title>Web Server Statistics for [my organisation]</title>

--->

thanks....paul
Re: FireFox works but not IE7 [ In reply to ]
I found the fix for this problem. The fix is:

Add OUTPUT HTML to your analog.cfg file, so that anlgform.pl doesn't
produce XHTML output. The problem is that a number of people have
reported that when they set up the anlgform.pl script to allow the creation
of "on demand" log analyses, when you click the "Produce statistics" button
in IE, you are prompted to save the response, instead of it being displayed
in the browser. Firefox dispays the output.

The answer was found in this post: