Mailing List Archive

Analog version 4 now in beta test
Dear analog users,

Welcome to the analog-announce list, if you've joined since the last
message!

This message is to announce version 3.90beta1 of analog, which is the first
beta test for version 4.

I released this version for Unix and Windows last night, and it's propagated
to most of the mirror sites by now. Versions for other operating systems
should follow soon.

Here are the main new features in this version:

Five new reports:
Organisation Report
Operating System Report
Search Word Report
Search Query Report
Processing Time Report
Browser Summary improved to break down Mozilla (compatible)'s
Form interface completely rewritten
Multiple *'s now allowed on left-hand side of aliases
Regular expressions allowed in inclusions and aliases
Inclusions and exclusions now apply to lower levels of a hierarchical report
New column in reports for the number of the item in the list
Debugging now reports which part of a corrupt logfile line was corrupt
... and lots of other good stuff!

This version only outputs in English at the moment.

Of course, bear in mind that this is the first beta test, and that no-one
except me has tested it yet. Although I try not to release rubbish even as
a beta test, it will contain bugs, possibly some serious!

With that caution, feel free to download it and try it out. Any comments
you have would of course be welcome.

http://www.statslab.cam.ac.uk/~sret1/analog/

PS The most recent released version is now 3.32, just in case you're lagging
behind a bit. :)

--
Stephen Turner analog-author@lists.isite.net
Statistical Laboratory, 16 Mill Lane, Cambridge CB2 1SB, England