Mailing List Archive

[analog-announce] Re: WARNING: Webtechs porn hack: and other news
Hello again.

A followup to my message on Friday.

Maybe it's obvious, but I forgot to mention explicitly that even if you are
using an up-to-date version of analog, any old output pages which you still
have around may have to be edited to remove the image.

Sam Choukri has now written a Perl script to do this editing automatically --
thank you Sam! You can get it from the analog helper applications page (go to
the analog home page and follow the link at the bottom).

Alternatively, on Windows (95 and above) Mark Kaprow suggests using
XReplace-32 from http://www.vestris.com/software/xreplace/

I hope this will be my last message for a while. Keep an eye on the analog
home page for any further developments on this subject.

[.PS One or two people rightly objected to my use of the word "hacked" in my
last message. It appears most likely that the new users of the domain took it
over legitimately when the old registration expired.]

--
Stephen Turner sret1@cam.ac.uk http://www.statslab.cam.ac.uk/~sret1/
Statistical Laboratory, 16 Mill Lane, Cambridge CB2 1SB, England