Mailing List Archive

[analog-announce] My new job
Dear analog users,

I promised in my last mail to tell you about my new job.

Many of you know that I left academia last autumn, and I've been trying to
decide on a new direction since then.

Well, I've accepted a job as the CTO of a company called ClickTracks.
We're producing a piece of software which goes beyond what conventional
logfile analysers do. Instead of making you just read lists of figures, it
lets you surf around your site in a web browser, and displays information
about the current page right on top of that page.

I'm really excited by this product. I've always resisted employment offers
from logfile analysis companies, but this one really caught my imagination.
It's a bit hard to explain it in an email, but if you're interested you
can see a nice 60 second demo, or even download a trial version, at
www.clicktracks.com.

Of course, you're all wondering how this is going to affect analog. The
good news is that it isn't. I insisted on including in my contract a
clause that I would retain the rights to analog and that I could
continue to develop it, and I intend to devote approximately the same
amount of time to it from now on as I have been doing. I just wanted to send
this mail to reassure you all about that before I updated my web page.

That's all for now, except to say thank you for all the good wishes I
received while I was job hunting.

--
Stephen Turner, Cambridge, UK http://homepage.ntlworld.com/adelie/stephen/
"This is Henman's 8th Wimbledon, and he's only lost 7 matches." BBC, 2/Jul/01