Mailing List Archive

SECURITY WARNING: analog form interface in versions 3.0 & 2.91.

SECURITY WARNING: Do not use the form interface with versions 2.91 or 3.0 of
analog. There is a security hole which could theoretically allow anyone using
the form to ask your server for any file on the system.

A well-configured server would not be able to read any really sensitive files,
but you probably still don't want outside people reading all the files that
the server can read, even if they're available to inside users.

My apologies for any inconvenience caused.

On a better note, you might like to note that I have just released version 3.11
of the program. Versions 3.1 and 3.11 do not have the bug referred to above.

Also, I forgot to wish all my American readers a Happy Thanksgiving in my
previous mail. In Canada, we celebrated Thanksgiving six weeks ago, so it
slipped my mind. Enjoy those turkeys!

--
Stephen Turner sret1@cam.ac.uk http://www.statslab.cam.ac.uk/~sret1/
Normally: Statistical Laboratory, 16 Mill Lane, Cambridge CB2 1SB, England