Mailing List Archive

www.analog.cx still down
Dear analog users,

As promised, an update on analog.cx. In short, it's still down. So please
continue to use analog.sourceforge.net for the time being.

A little more information has emerged -- the following message appeared on
http://www.niccx.com/cx.home.cfm today:

Planet Three (NICCX.COM) is insolvent and as a result both registrar and
registry services have been affected. Dot CX is ... providing technical
and financial assistance in order to get domains which utilised
NICCX.COM's URL or eMAIL forwarding functioning again.

niccx.com used to be the only .cx registrar. According to the new registrar,
Dot CX, the situation has been exacerbated by ICANN's refusal to recognise
Dot CX as the administrator of the domain when they took over from niccx.com
a whole year ago.

Thanks to those of you who offered web space, by the way. I'm touched by the
offers of help, but web space isn't in fact the problem. The problem is that
analog.cx resolves to niccx's dead server, and there doesn't appear to be a
way to change that at the moment.

Better news is that I have just released version 5.03. This version includes
the first Spanish translation for version 5.

--
Stephen Turner http://www.statslab.cam.ac.uk/~sret1/
Statistical Laboratory, Wilberforce Road, Cambridge, CB3 0WB, England